Roofinox is a corrosion free stainless steel. The brand name describes this product feature: Roof and the abbreviation for inoxidable.
Roofinox owes its corrosion resistance to a simple chemical reaction. The chromium content of the alloy develops in combination with oxygen in air and water an invisible passive layer.
This layer protects from aggressive substances. When damaged by external, mechanical causes it reestablishes within short time from the matrix of Roofinox stainless steel. Rust stands no chance. The corrosion resistance is primarily due to the chromium content. An increase of the effect can be achieved through adding nickel, molybdenum, and other alloy metals. The range of sorts of stainless steel is huge, for each application an appropriate alloy. The proper Roofinox stainless steel can be attributed for each respective application. If you are not certain, simply ask us. We’ll be able to tell you which alloy is right for you.
• The mattest surfaces on the market
• 100 % natural surfaces
• Softer and easier to seam
• Lowest possible reflection
• Consists to more than 80% of post-consumer material
• Easy cleaning of Roofinox Classic and Roofinox Plus .0156”
• Excellent solderability
• Ideal color to complement most building materials
• Long life due to zero material erosion
• 100 % recyclable
• No problems with normal moisture caused by condensation
• Low maintenance and easy to clean
• Resistant to algae and roots
• Suitable for low pitch roofs
• Processing in any weather and temperature
• Can be combined with other materials
• Lowest thermal expansion
• Suitable for both ventilated and non-ventilated roof designs
Roofinox stainless steel is the most sustainable metal due to its manufacturing mode and its technical properties during the life-cycle.
During production already we make sure Roofinox consists of more than 80% post-consumer metal. Most importantly Roofinox stainless steel is 100% recyclable. This reduces energy consumption and CO2 emissions considerably.
Roofinox stainless steel shows no measurable metal run-off or material removal, this results in an infinite lifetime. Roofinox does not emit ions or other particles in run-off water, this protects nature, animals and our water reserves.
At the end of the building life-cycle where Roofinox has been used, the roof panels can either be reused or 100% recycled. At the end scrap metal dealers will pay decent amounts for Roofinox stainless steel – your savings on your building!